1. Buzios is a fantastic restaurant/cafe a 5 minute walk away from some of our costa da guia properties. It offers delicious light lunches and there is a great “esplanada” to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. Dishes are traditionally Portuguese and Portugal Portfolio’s opinion is that they serve the best “Bacalhau com Natas” in Cascais. Not to mention it is relatively cheap!
2. Escotilha Bar Is a fun beach side restaurant in a fantastic location. Sit out and watch the sunshine rippling off the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy fresh fish on the water, this restaurant is located within minutes walking distance from the centre of Cascais and the Tripadvisor reviews are excellent!
3. O Biscoito is a traditional Portugese “tasca”. It is minutes away from the famous Guincho beach in the small town of Areia. It is known for its fresh fish and delicious grilled sardines. The perfect place to experience some traditional Portuguese dining out culture… not to mention you will be surrounded by locals. (The prices are also relatively cheap)
4. Baia do Peixe – Another traditional Portuguese fish restaurant but Portuguese sea food is some of the best in the world so why not! Baia do peixe offers a “rodizio” service so it is perfect for those who can eat.. eat and eat seafood. For anyone who just loves seafood you can pay a fixed price and it will just keep coming. Definitely worth a try when hungry after a long day of sitting in the sun!
5. Pateo do Petisco is where you can experience the traditional Portuguese dining out method to “petiscar”. It is essentially the same idea as Spanish tapas but better! This restaurant offers several delicious “petiscos” and is definitely worth a try. It is packed in the summer months so a reservation is definitely recommended! If visited “lascas” are a must! These are peeled potato skins, fried and served with garlic mayonnaise. If that doesn’t get your mouth watering then try the grilled “chouriço” sausage or the “salada de polvo” (octopus salad).
6. The Farol Design Hotel sushi is by far the best in Cascais! This place is a little pricey but worth it! Set within a boutique 5 star hotel with fantastic views to the Atlantic Ocean the sushi and atmosphere here is simply divine. The sushi platters are beautifully presented and there is a delicate balance between fish and fresh citrus fruits making the food here astonishingly good!
7. It is not a trip to Portugal without at least once having piri piri chicken and this is by far the best place to go in Cascais. Somos um Regalo is simple, cheap and the chicken delicious! There are several of these types of restaurants in Cascais but this has been our favourite for over 5 years and it never fails us!
8. O Moinho is fabulous for the view, located on the hill above Guincho beach and set within an old windmill. Seats outside have a panoramic view of the coastline and the quiet privacy of the gardens. The food is simple serving hamburgers and sandwiches but if the food doesn’t convince you to visit then the drive up here between the mountains and the coastline should do the trick!